Peace of Mind: the only place stores all your usernames/emails and passwords for BarcodeLogin to your favorite sites is in your smartphone! For details please click on Technology.
Barcodelogin.com provides two technologies to help you login a website remotely from your iPhone:
Direct (Server) Login: for those websites that support barcodelogin protocols such as fojc.net and barcodelogin.com
- You may need to install the barcodelogin app in your iPhone. After install the barcodelogin app, simply by scanning in the barcode in the Sign in page to login. If the first time login, you might need to type in your username and password on the iPhone. Afterward, every time you would like to login the same website, you simply scan the barcode with the app and you are in. (see Direct Login Demo click here.)
Remote (Client) Login: for all other websites that do not support barcodelogin protocols
Steps to activate your barcodelogin app in iPhone:
- Installation: you may download/install the barcodelogin app from Apple App Store in your iPhone. Then open the app, you shall see the Sign In view in your iPhone.
- Sign Up: if you do not have an account with barcodelogin.com, then you might need to sign one up by pressing the "Sign Up Now" in the sign in page.
Steps to Sign In your barcodelogin app in iPhone:
- password: the barcodelogin app remembers your email after you sign up, therefore, you only need to key in the password to sign in to save you few key strokes in the iPhone ; ))
Steps to Direct Login from your barcodelogin app in iPhone:
- Prerequisite: let's use fojc.net site as an example to show how to Direct Login to fojc.net/signin using your barcodelogin app in your iPhone. If you do not have an account with fojc.net yet. Please go to fojc.net/signin to sign one up. Then sign out and go to fojc.net/signin page.
- Scan: after sign in your barcodelogin app in your iPhone, press the Scan button then you shall see a camera view with a red aiming rectangle in the middle field of view. Place the 2D barcode of a signin page in the red aiming rectangle. If you hold your breath, you shall hear a "beep": that means you successfully decode the 2D barcode in your sign in page. Congrats!
- Direct Login: if you are the first time login to, for example, fojc.net/signin, you might need to press "Add a new account" to enter your email and password and then press "Save". Now you shall see your account shows up in the table view. Press the account you want to use to login fojc.net. Whala! See your fojc.net/signin page: now it shall automatically change to fojc.net/blogs/home page and you already loginned remotely from your iPhone. A magic, isn't it? would you like to show to your family and friends? How about other sites such as Amazon.com, Bank of America, etc. without Direct Login barcode in their sign in page? No worry, please read the Steps to Remote Login!
Steps to Remote Login from your barcodelogin app in iPhone:
- Prerequisite: For now if you would like to login to any website other than fojc.net or barcodelogin.com, you need to use a Chrome browser. Please open your Chrome browser and then install the Barcodelogin Chrome extensions. Then go to a website, for example, Amazon.com sign in page you would like to Remote Login from your iPhone. You might notice a barcodelogin notification popup at your computer top right corner.
The notification indicates that you are able to sign in this page by clicking the barcodelogin page action icon at the top right corner of your Chrome browser. Please click on the barcodelogin page action icon and you shall see a 2D barcode popup.
- Scan: after sign in your barcodelogin app in your iPhone, press the Scan button then you shall see a camera view with a red aiming rectangle in the middle field of view. Place the 2D barcode in the red aiming rectangle. If you hold your breath, you shall hear a "beep": that means you successfully decode the 2D barcode in your popup page. Congrats!
- Remote Login: if you are the first time login, you might need to press "Add a new account" to enter your account username and password and then press "Save". Now you shall see your account shows up in the table view. Press the account you want to use to login. Then you shall see a popup in your iPhone indicating "OK", "AutoFill" or "AutoSubmit". If you select "AutoSubmit", Whala! you shall see your computer that you already loginned remotely by your iPhone. A magic, isn't it? would you like to show to your family and friends? You may try to Remote Login to any website and feedback to us how you like it or any problem site. Enjoy ; )) Notes: for majority of website (perhaps > 90%), the AutoSubmit shall work. If you encouter those websites that AutoSubmit won't work, you might try AutoFill that will automatically fill in your username and password to the sign in page. Then you need to manually click the Sign In button to sign in. For a small percentage of websites that neither AutoSubmit nor AutoFill work, then you may need to type in the username and password by copying from your iPhone and press OK in your iPhone. In this case, barcodelogin serves as your memory to look up the username and password for you by scanning the 2D barcode, not bad at all ; ))